SonicWALL SMA 7200 Appliance
Secure Remote Access to Sensitive Business Data From Anywhere
List Price: $12,500.00
Our Price: $10,000.00
SonicWALL SMA Appliance Series:
Safeguard corporate data while supporting remote worker and BYOD initiatives
Secure remote and mobile access for the distributed mobile enterprise. SSL VPN gateway appliance enables authorized access to any company resource or application from multiple device platforms. Maximize IT control and increase productivity for up to 10,000 concurrent users.
- Enables mobile worker productivity with secure SSL VPN connection and granular, policy-enforced access to resources
- Restricts VPN access to an allowed set of trusted mobile apps while reducing business risk by enabling IT to manage and enforce BYOD authorization policy terms
- Includes the Mobile Connect app, which provides iOS, Mac OS X, Android, Kindle Fire or Windows 8.1 devices with easy per-app VPN access to permitted resources
- Provides context-aware authentication to ensure that only authorized users and trusted mobile applications and devices are granted VPN access
- Enables efficient object-based policy management of all users, groups, resources and devices
Mobile and BYOD are creating a new wave of security, compliance and access challenges for IT organizations. Security breaches can occur from unauthorized persons accessing lost or stolen devices, unmanaged mobile devices serving as a conduit to infect the network with malware, the interception of corporate data over unsecured third-party wireless networks or mobile services, or rogue apps gaining access to data stored on a device.
To address these challenges, many organizations are considering or have already deployed hosted virtual desktop (HVD), enterprise mobility management (EMM) or other data encryption solutions to secure business data on mobile and remote devices. This a great start, but if only on-device data protection is addressed, company data and networks are still at risk. Security is an end-to-end mobile workflow challenge.
End-to-end data protection and security The Secure Mobile Access (SMA) gateway enables administrators to easily provision secure mobile access and role-based privileges for managed and unmanaged devices. You can provide mobile workers with policyenforced per-app VPN access to the allowed enterprise data and resources that they require — while protecting the corporate network from mobile security threats.
The SMA gateway integrates with all leading EMM vendors, including Dell Enterprise Mobility Management, to provide the most secure end-to-end mobile management and security solution for bring-your-own (BYO), choose-your-own (CYO) and managed devices. EMM technology establishes on-device data protection policies and app management, and SMA completes the end-to-end data protection and security solution by enforcing access control policy — thereby ensuring that only trusted users and devices and authorized, validated mobile apps are granted VPN access and only to allowed company networks and resources.
In addition, corporate VPN access can be restricted to the set of mobile apps trusted by the administrator while unauthorized mobile apps are prevented from accessing VPN resources. Any mobile app or secure container can be supported with no modifications, app wrapping or SDK development. The solution also helps enforce and track mobile worker acceptance of device authorization policy terms, reducing legal risk.
Secure access for mobile devices For mobile device users, the solution includes the intuitive Dell Mobile Connect app. In combination with the SMA gateway, this app provides iOS, Mac OS X, Android, Kindle Fire or Windows 8.1 devices with easy per-app VPN access to permitted resources, including shared folders, client-server applications, intranet sites, email, and virtual desktop applications such as Citrix, VMware View, Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) and Dell vWorkspace.
SMA Workplace portal
For clientless browser access, the SMA Workplace portal provides secure access to web applications, client/ server applications and file shares from iOS, Android, Windows, Apple Mac or Linux endpoint devices. The portal supports access to resources using standard HTML 5 browsers (available for most smartphones, tablets and laptops), including access to RDP published apps and desktops, Citrix Xendesktop and Xenapps (ICA support). Users with HTML5 browsers can now securely access these resources without the Java or ActiveX browser plug-ins that legacy web browsers require, reducing threat risk and complexity. Also, users with devices that traditionally don't support Java or ActiveX web browser plug-ins, such as iOS devices, can use a standard HTML5 browser to gain access to allowed resources.
Multi-layer threat protection
When integrated with a SonicWALL next-generation firewall as a Clean VPN, the SMA solution decrypts and decontaminates all authorized SSL VPN traffic before it enters the network environment, and the combined solution delivers centralized access control, malware protection, web application control and content filtering.
Features & Benefits:
Advanced endpoint control, a single access gateway, and built-in support for mobile devices allow a growing workforce to be productive virtually anywhere, anytime.
- Increases productivity. Dell SMA works with more devices, including managed and unmanaged smartphones, tablets and laptops. Dell SMA makes your users more productive by providing easy, policy-enforced access to more applications from more environments — including iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, and Macintosh — than any other secure access solution.
- Flexible solutions for mobile device platforms. Mobile Connect provides an "in-office" remote access experience for users of iOS, Mac OSX, Google Android, Kindle Fire and Windows 8.1 devices. SMA now supports HTML 5 browser access for true clientless access – without Java or Active X – to Citrix Xendesktop and Xenapps (ICA support), RDP published apps and desktops, and gives smart phone, tablet and laptop users fast, easy access to allowed resources.
- Protect from malware and rogue access. Protect networks and resources from mobile malware and rogue access with context-aware authentication, which grants access only to trusted devices and authorized users. Configure policies to interrogate mobile devices for essential security information such as jailbreak or root status, device ID, certificate status and OS versions prior to granting access. Laptops and PCs are also interrogated for the presence, or absence of security software, client certificates and device ID. Devices that do not meet policy requirements are not granted network access and the user is notified of non-compliance.
- Faster ROI. Lower TCO. Dell SMA Series Appliances lower IT costs by enabling network managers to easily deploy and manage a single secure access gateway that extends mobile and remote access via SSL VPN for both internal and external users to all network resources — including Web-based, client/server, host-based, desktop virtualization and back-connect applications like VoIP.
- Secure per app VPN access to corporate resources from personal devices. With our latest release, you can ensure that only authorized mobile business applications (such as secure containers and virtual desktop apps) access the VPN. Only Dell Secure Mobile Access speeds deployment and reduces costs by eliminating the need for modification, app wrapping or SDK development. Validate digital signatures prior to access to reduce malware risk. Enforce worker acceptance of customizable policy terms, and record registration and policy information to minimize legal risk.
- Easy to use from any endpoint. The SonicWALL E-Class SRA Appliances provide a single gateway for all access, and a common user experience across all platforms — including iOS, Mac OSX, Android, Kindle Fire, Windows® and Linux® — from managed or unmanaged devices.
Robust software features include secure remote access to mission-critical applications and resources, an in-office remote access experience for end users and unsurpassed levels of granular access control.
- Mobile Connect. Mobile Connect, available as a mobile app for Apple iOS , Mac OS X, Kindle Fire and Google Android mobile devices and embedded with Windows 8.1 devices, provides users with simple, policy-enforced access to corporate and academic resources over encrypted SSL VPN connections.
- SMA Connect. With SMA Connect, mobile and remote users of IT-managed and unmanaged devices can securely access key business applications and enjoy an "in-office" experience through the SonicWALL WorkPlace Portal.
- Unified Policy. Unified Policy allows administrators to set policy with a single rule across all objects in minutes instead of hours.
- WorkPlace. SonicWALL SMA WorkPlace delivers clientless browser access for web applications, client/server applications and file shares from iOS, Android, Windows, Apple Mac OS X or Linux endpoint devices.
- Smart Access Controls. SMA Smart Access offers transparent, dynamic deployment of appropriate access methods based on user identity, endpoint security or zone classification and resource.
- Native Access Modules. Using a single portal link, SMA Native Access Modules provide remote users with native protocol access to server-based Citrix applications, Windows Terminal Services, VMware View and Dell vWorkspace sessions over SSL VPN.
- End Point Control. Mobile devices are interrogated for essential security information such as jailbreak or root status, device ID, certificate status and OS versions prior to granting access. Laptops and PCs are also interrogated for the presence, or absence of, security software, client certificates and device ID. Devices that do not meet policy requirements are not allowed network access and the user is notified of non-compliance.
- Secure Virtual Assist. SMA Secure Virtual Assist allows a technician to assume control of a customer's PC or laptop to provide assistance and fix problems. Remote professionals can also connect to their PC to stay productive.
Application & Deployment:
Detect the security of any endpoint
Robust interrogation for secure control of the endpoint - Dell SMA End Point Control (EPC) lets you enforce granular access control rules for Windows, Apple Mac OS X and iOS, Android, Kindle Fire and Linux endpoints. EPC provides pre-authentication interrogation to confirm endpoint criteria such as anti-virus updates.
- Policy zones apply endpoint criteria to automated policy enforcement. For example, a user's access may be quarantined and redirected to remediation instructions until a security patch is installed.
- Device watermarks allow access from a lost or stolen device to be easily revoked, based upon detection of client certificates.
- Device identification enables administrators to tie the serial or equipment ID number for a specific device to a specific user or group.
- Virtual keyboard stops keystroke sniffers on untrusted endpoints.
- Recurring EPC performs endpoint scans at user login and at administrator-defined intervals to ensure the ongoing integrity of the endpoint. EPC also includes capabilities to determine if an iOS device has been jailbroken or an Android system has been rooted.
Advanced EPC for ultimate protection - Optional Dell SMA advanced EPC combines granular endpoint control detection with superior data protection.
- Advanced interrogator simplifies device profile setup using a comprehensive predefined list of anti-virus, personal firewall and anti-spyware solutions for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms, including version and currency of signature file update.
- Cache control purges browser cache, session history, cookies and passwords.
- Dell SMA gateways also block suspect email attachments in Outlook Web Access or Lotus iNotes, and they also block access to financial data or patient records.
- Connections on SMAs are closed by default, providing "deny all" firewall-style protection.
Protect your enterprise resources with ease
Setup and policy management -With its context-sensitive help and setup wizard, the SMA solution is easy to deploy. Unified policy consolidates control of all web resources, file shares and client-server resources in a single location, so policy management takes only minutes. Groups can be populated dynamically based on RADIUS, LDAP or Active Directory authentication repositories, including nested groups. Policy replication lets IT easily replicate policy across multiple appliance nodes, either in the same cluster or in a geographically distributed fashion.
Single sign-on and two-factor authentication - SMAs support single sign-on (SSO) and form-based web applications. Moreover, users can easily update their own passwords without IT assistance. Onetime password (OTP) support provides a built-in method to generate and distribute secondary factors, enabling easy and cost-effective two-factor authentication. Administrators can associate OTPs by realm for greater flexibility in authentication control.
Intuitive management and reporting - The Dell SMA management console provides an at-a-glance management dashboard and a rich, centralized set of monitoring capabilities for auditing, compliance, management and resource planning. Optional SMA advanced reporting audits who accessed what enterprise resources at what time and from which remote location, using standard or custom reports that can be viewed from any web browser.
Dell Secure Mobile Access solutions provide secure access for all users, devices and applications.
|Model Comparison||SMA 6200||SMA 7200|
|Concurrent Users||Support for up to 2,000 concurrent users per node or HA pair||Support for up to 10,000 concurrent users per node or HA pair|
|Form Factor||1U rack-mount||1U rack-mount|
|Dimensions||17.0 x 16.75 x 1.75 in
(43.18 x 42.54 x 4.5cm)
|17.0 x 16.75 x 1.75 in
(43.18 x 42.54 x 4.5cm)
|Processor||Intel i5-4570S 2.9GHz||Intel E3-1725 v3 3.5GHz|
|Network||(6+1) GbE||(2) 10 Gb (6 + 1) GbE|
|Power||Fixed internal||Dual Power Supply, Hot Swappable|
|Input Rating||100-240 VAC, 1.1 A||100-240 VAC, 1.7 A|
|Power Consumption||78 W||127 W|
|Environmental Regulations||WEEE, EU RoHS, China RoHS||WEEE, EU RoHS, China RoHS|
|Operating temperature||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104° F)||0°C to 40°C (32°F to 104°F)|
|Non-operating shock||110g, 2msec||110g, 2msec|
|Emissions||FCC, ICES, CE, C-Tick, VCCI; MIC||FCC, ICES, CE, C-Tick, VCCI; MIC|
|Safety||TUV/GS, UL, CE PSB, CCC, BSMI, CB scheme||TUV/GS, UL, CE PSB, CCC, BSMI, CB scheme|
|Key Security Features:|
|FIPS & ICSA Certification*||Yes|
|Encryption||Configurable session length; ciphers: DES, 3DES, RC4, AES, Hashes: MD5, SHA|
|VPN Protocols||TLS 1, 1.1, 1.2, ESP|
|Authentication methods||X.509 digital certificates, server-side digital certificates, client-side digital certificates, RSA SecurID, Dell Defender and other one-time password/two-factor authentication tokens, CAC (common access card), dual/stacked authentication, Captcha support, username/password|
|Directories||Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP (Active Directory, Sun iPlanet, etc.), RADIUS; dynamic groups based on LDAP/AD queries, certificate revocation lists (CRLs)|
|Password management||Notification of password expiration and password change from the Dell SMA WorkPlace portal, connect tunnel and Mobile Connect|
|Access control options||User and group, Source IP and network, destination network, service/port (OnDemand and Connect only). Define resources by destination URL, host name or IP address, IP range, subnet and domain, day, date, time and range, browser encryption key length, policy zones, file system access controls, mobile application VPN access control.|
|SMA End Point Control (EPC)||Detection of files, registry keys, running processes and device watermarks; advanced interrogator (simplified granular end point detection, including detailed configuration information on over 100 anti-virus, anti-spyware and personal firewall solutions, including McAfee, Symantec, Sophos and Trend Micro); cache control(data protection); jailbreak or root detection for iOS and Android devices|
|Auto-Connect VPN||Network-aware VPN client detects when the device is off campus and auto-reconnects the VPN, bringing it down again when the device returns to a trusted network.|
|Access and Application Support:|
|SMA WorkPlace Access (browserbased access)||Clientless access to web-based resources; web file access: SMB/ CIFS, DFS, personal bookmarks; multiple optimized WorkPlace portals for different user groups that provide access to any TCP- or UDP-based application (leveraging OnDemand Tunnel agent); HTML 5 browser access to Citrix XenDesktop, XenApps and RDP published apps and desktops|
|SMA WorkPlace Mobile Access||Customized WorkPlace support for smartphone and tablet browsers; HTML 5 browser access to Citrix XenDesktop, XenApps and RDP published apps and desktops|
|Connect Tunnel||Pre-installed agent provides access to any TCP- or UDP-based application (Windows, Mac and Linux support)|
|SonicWALL Mobile Connect||Full network level access for web and client/server applications from Apple iOS, Mac OS X, Kindle Fire, Android and Windows 8.1 devices (Refer to SonicWALL Mobile Connect datasheet for complete specifications)|
|Management and Administration:|
|Management||The management console provides centralized, web-based management for all access options, end-point control configuration, access control policies, mobile application access control policies, and WorkPlace portal configuration. It offers easy policy replication across multiple appliances and locations, and role-based administration from an at-a-glance management dashboard.|
|Auditing||SMA advanced reporting, RADIUS auditing and accounting integration|
|Monitoring and Logging||User connection monitoring, event alarms. View logs and performance information via Dell SNMP integration, including SMA-specific SNMP management interface base (MIB). Support for central SYSLOG server.|
|Scheduler||Enables users to schedule tasks (such as deploying, replicating settings and applying changes) without human intervention|
|Mobile Management Integration||Integrates with leading enterprise mobile management (EMM) products such as Dell EMM, Airwatch and Mobile Iron. When deployed with the Dell Mobile Workspace (DMW) container, the container provides policy-based data loss protection (DLP) to data at rest, and SMA enforces edge proxy protection to core activeSync and HTTP traffic. Through the policy engine end-point control, SMA ensures that only the DMW secure browser and email client gain access to data; all other apps on the device are blocked.|
|High Availability||Support for high-availability two-node clusters with built-in load-balancing and stateful authentication failover|
|IPv6 Support||Can authenticate a client with IPv6 internet connectivity and allow the client to interact with resources through the SMA appliance|
|Disability Worker Support (ADA 508)||ADA 508 support within the management console, WorkPlace and connect tunnel to comply with section 508 of the Americans Disabilities Act, including keyboard usability and compatibility with assistive technologies|
|Browser Support||SMA supports all industry-leading browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari (supported versions are constantly updated), and supports HTML 5 browser access to Citrix XenDesktop, XenApps and RDP published apps and desktops. Users with HTML5-compatible browser can securely access these applications without risking threats introduced with Java and ActiveX plug-ins required with a legacy browser. Also, users with devices that don't support Java or ActiveX can use an HTML5 browser to access the applications via the SMA web portal.|
* FIPS &ICSA certifications in process for SMA 6200/7200 appliances
Download the SonicWALL Secure Mobile Access Appliance Datasheet (.PDF)
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.
List Price: $12,500.00
Our Price: $10,000.00
List Price: $1,723.00
Our Price: $1,378.00
List Price: $2,756.00
Our Price: $2,205.00
List Price: $3,617.00
Our Price: $2,894.00
List Price: $1,820.00
Our Price: $1,456.00
List Price: $2,912.00
Our Price: $2,330.00
List Price: $4,077.00
Our Price: $3,262.00
List Price: $2,129.00
Our Price: $1703.00
List Price: $3,406.00
Our Price: $2,725.00
List Price: $4,470.00
Our Price: $3,576.00
List Price: $2,502.00
Our Price: $2,002.00
List Price: $4,003.00
Our Price: $3,202.00
List Price: $5,254.00
Our Price: $4,203.00
List Price: $3,119.00
Our Price: $2,495.00
List Price: $4,991.00
Our Price: $3,993.00
List Price: $6,551.00
Our Price: $5,241.00
List Price: $4,885.00
Our Price: $3,908.00
List Price: $7,816.00
Our Price: $6,253.00
List Price: $10,258.00
Our Price: $8,206.00
List Price: $6,239.00
Our Price: $4,991.00
List Price: $9,983.00
Our Price: $7,986.00
List Price: $13,103.00
Our Price: $10,482.00
List Price: $8,189.00
Our Price: $6,551.00
List Price: $13,103.00
Our Price: $10,482.00
List Price: $17,198.00
Our Price: $13,758.00
List Price: $13,207.00
Our Price: $10,566.00
List Price: $21,132.00
Our Price: $16,906.00
List Price: $27,735.00
Our Price: $22,188.00